2015 Ford F-150 - More Powerful, Capable & Advanced.
THE FUTURE OF TOUGH.
The future of tough is here today, so you can own work now like never before.
*Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR. Best-in-class towing when properly equipped with available 3.5L EcoBoost® engine, 4x2. Best-in-class payload when properly equipped with 5.0L V8 engine, 4x2.
- High-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body and high-strength steel frame for less weight yet greater strength
- Best-in-class 12,200-lb.towing or 3,300-lb. payload*
- 5-Star Overall Safety Rating from NHTSA**
- Improved power-to-weight ratio across the entire 4-engine lineup for greater performance
- Best-ever ride, handling and braking
- New features that redefine the cab and pickup box
**Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) New Car Assessment Program (www.SaferCar.gov).
ALUMINUM-ALLOY BODY AND STEEL FRAME
Over 10 million miles of cumulative testing in the making.
*Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR
- Class-exclusive* cab and box fabricated from high-strength, military grade, aluminum alloys
- Fully boxed frame with eight crossmembers (five through-welded) made of up to 78 percent 70,000-psi high-strength steel (up from 23 percent in the 2014 F-150 frame); up to 60 lbs. lighter with state-of-the-art roll-forming process that minimizes weight
- Vehicle weight up to 700 pounds lighter than before resulting in better fuel efficiency, greater towing and payload capacities, improved power-to-weight ratio for faster acceleration, enhanced handling and braking responsiveness
GAME-CHANGING 4-ENGINE LINEUP
With its reduced weight and improved power-to-weight ratio, the F-150 has the highest EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings among gas-powered light-duty pickups.
*EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 19 city/26 hwy/22 combined mpg, 4x2. Actual mileage will vary. Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
- New 2.7L EcoBoost - highest EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings* of any gas-powered light-duty pickup with impressive 8,500-lb. maximum towing and 2,250-lb. maximum payload ratings
- New 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 - 5 percent better power-to-weight ratio than the previous 3.7L V6 - plus unsurpassed standard V6 EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings for a light-duty pickup**
- Powerful 3.5L EcoBoost - 6 percent higher city and 11 percent higher combined EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings† along with a 12 percent better power-to-weight ratio than last year, best-in-class
†† 12,200-lb. maximum tow rating; proven performance in over a half-million F-150 pickups
- Brawny 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 - 16 percent better power-to-weight ratio with more horsepower and torque than before, delivering the best-in-class†† maximum 3,300-lb. payload rating.
**EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 18 city/25 hwy/20 combined mpg, 4x2. Actual mileage will vary. Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
†2014 EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 16 city/22hwy/18 combined mpg, 3.5L EcoBoost® V6, 4x2. 2015 EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 17 city/24 hwy/20 combined mpg, 3.5L EcoBoost V6, 4x2. Actual mileage will vary.
††Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR when properly equipped.
TOW MORE. WORK SMARTER.
Tow more than any other light-duty pickup.* And tow smarter than ever.
*Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR when properly equipped.
- New 8-inch Productivity Screen** - provides a screen dedicated to towing information
- Dynamic Hitch Assist** - line-of-sight guide helps direct your hitch ball to the trailer receiver
- Smart Trailer Tow Connector** - alerts to burned-out or unlit trailer marker lamps, brake light and trailer battery problems
- Standard Trailer Sway Control - helps keep your trailer on a stable course
- Trailer Brake Controller (TBC)** - factory-installed and integrated into the instrument panel; helps synchronize the truck and trailer brakese
- Best-in-class 12,200-lb. maximum tow rating*
NEW F-150 MEETS TOUGH SCIENCE
We're taking a close look at the science behind the new F-150
- The Ultimate Game Changer - We run the new F-150 through an obstacle course worthy of some of football's top running backs.
- AL vs. Steel - The Projectile Test - Pro athletes dish out punishment. Watch as they unleash fast balls, slap shots and more into the bed of the F-150.
- Racing Up A Mountain - Can a smaller engine actually be more powerful? We go engine vs. engine. And lumberjack vs. lumberjack.
TOP-RATED PAYLOAD.* CLASS-DEFINING PICKUP BOX.
The new F-150 redefines the pickup box.
*Best-in-class payload when properly equipped with 5.0L V8 engine, 4x2.
- New BoxLink** - flexible, configurable universal pickup box interface system securing a wide variety of available Ford and aftermarket accessories including e-Track Cargo Management System
- LED Box Lights** - for working at night or under a tonneau cover
- Class-exclusive† Stowable Loading Ramps** - easily load items such as ATVs, motorcycles and mowers
- Class-exclusive† Remote Tailgate Release** - release and lower the tailgate with the key fob; lock or unlock the tailgate with the key fob or inside door switch
- Improved class-exclusive† Integrated Tailgate Step with Lift Assist** - fully integrated inside the tailgate
- Deployable Box Side Steps** - now available on all cab configurations including the 4-door SuperCrew with 5.5-ft. pickup box
- Best-in-class 3,300-lb. maximum payload rating*
†Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
The F-150 provides available LED lighting everywhere you need it.
*Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
- Class-exclusive* Quad-Beam LED Headlamps and LED Taillamps** - provide brighter, more efficient and longer-lasting illumination than conventional lamps
- Class-exclusive* LED Side-Mirror Spotlights** - illuminate any task at hand from just about any angle after the sun has set
- LED Box Lighting** - helps you work at night and see under a tonneau cover
- Tailgate LED** - helps with hitching up a trailer at night
SMARTER THAN EVER
Over 100 patents. So you can work even smarter.
**Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
†Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle.
- 360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display* - a class-exclusive** feature that's helpful when you're maneuvering in tight spaces and on trails
- Lane-Keeping System* - vibrates the steering wheel or gives torque sensations, or both if you choose, when you drift too close to a lane marker†
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert* - signals when a vehicle is in a blind spot or passing behind as you're slowly backing out†
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support* - slows your vehicle down as traffic ahead slows; precharges the brakes and increases brake-assist sensitivity to provide full responsiveness if you don't react in time†
- Curve Control - reduces speed when you're going too fast on a curve
- Active Park Assist* - assists you when parallel parking