2013 Ford F-150 - Built Specifically for
- The available 6.2L V8 features a single overhead cam valvetrain with
dual-equal variable cam timing. The large bore (4.02 inches) allows
for larger intake and exhaust valves for improved engine breathing,
while the short stroke (3.74 inches) makes higher engine speed possible
for increased horsepower. The 6.2L has lightweight aluminum cylinder
heads and pistons for efficiency and employs a cast-iron cylinder block
for durability. There are other impressive specs. But the ones you're
no doubt most interested in are those you can really feel: power ratings
of 411 horsepower and 434 lb.-ft. of torque that no other engine in
its class can match.* And if you're into towing for business or recreation,
how does a 11,300-lb. tow rating sound?** The 6.2L V8 is optional in
the F-150 XLT, FX2, FX4, LARIAT and Platinum; standard in the SVT Raptor.
*Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR vs. 2012/2013 competitors.
**When properly equipped.
- The F-150 features an available class-exclusive* integrated tailgate
step with a 350-lb. load capacity. This ultra convenient step stows
inside the tailgate, can be easily accessed when needed and includes
a handy flip-up grab bar. *Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs.
GVWR vs. 2012/2013 competitors.
- Ford engineers drew from their extensive experience using direct-injection
technology and turbocharging in diesel engine development and created
the innovative EcoBoost® engine option that delivers the best combination
of torque, efficiency and capability.* Direct injection produces a cooler,
denser charge that generates more power per drop of fuel, while the
two small air-to-air intercooled turbochargers spool up much more quickly
than a single large turbo. What you experience is instantaneous low-end
torque responsiveness with virtually no turbo lag. EcoBoost generates
90 percent of its amazing 420 lb.-ft. of torque from 1,700 to 5,000
rpm. F-150 with EcoBoost has best-in-class maximum towing capability
at 11,300 lbs.** and offers up to 3,100 lbs. of payload. The EcoBoost
engine underwent over 1,900 hours of testing at full-boost conditions,
as well as thermal testing to simulate 10 years of operation in the
harshest environments. So EcoBoost is up to any task -- and then some.
* Based on torque, max. towing and payload, and EPA-estimated 16 city/22
hwy/18 combined mpg, 3.5L V6 4x2. Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500
lbs. GVWR vs. 2012/2013 competitors. ** When properly equipped. Class
is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR vs. 2012/2013 competitors.
- The F-150 offers an available fully integrated trailer brake Controller (TBC).* This first-in-class feature** synchronizes vehicle and trailer brakes for seamless braking (even with the heaviest loads) to provide added driving control and confidence. * Compatible with electronically actuated trailer brakes including electric brakes and electric-over-hydraulic brakes. **Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
- Box side steps are another industry-first and class-exclusive* feature available on Ford F-150. Located on both sides of the bed, just in front of the rear wheels, these innovative steps boast a 500-lb. load capacity, and deploy with a tap of your foot. Available on the 6.5-ft. or 8-ft. pickup box only. *Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR vs. 2012/2013 competitors.
- SYNC® with MyFord Touch® takes SYNC capability even further: •
Call without reaching for your phone* • Voice-control your music
• 911 Assist® can call even if you can't** • Vehicle Health
Report checkups • Stay on track with turn-by-turn directions
• Information you want when you want it • SYNC Services
is complimentary for three years and provides turn-by-turn directions
to just about anywhere, 411 business search, personalized sports scores,
news, horoscopes and more • Voice-control your climate •
8-inch LCD touch screen • SYNC with MyFord Touch® is standard
in F-150 LARIAT, King Ranch®, Platinum, and Limited; optional in FX2,
FX4 and SVT Raptor. *You must have a Bluetooth®-enabled phone paired
to your SYNC system. The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth
SIG, Inc. **The vehicle's electrical system (including the battery),
the wireless service provider's signal and a connected mobile phone
all must be available and operating for 911 Assist to function properly.
These systems may become damaged in a crash. The paired mobile phone
must be connected to SYNC, and the 911 Assist feature enabled, in order
for 911 to be dialed. When the feature is ON, 911 Assist uses your paired
and connected mobile phone to dial 911 if your airbag deploys or, on
certain vehicles, if the emergency fuel pump shut-off is activated.
• SYNC Services is complimentary for three years on most 2011,
2012 and 2013 vehicles. After three years, subscription fees will apply.
On the 2012 Edge, 2012 Explorer and all 2013 vehicles built with SYNC
with MyFord, SYNC Services will require a subscription fee at the onset